This is the ice cream dessert we served at April P.'s baby shower. Thanks to my old roommate Nadia for this awesomely decadent dessert.
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 chopped pecans
1 cup margarine, melted
12 1/4 ounce jar caramel topping
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
1. Stir together the flour, oats, sugar, pecans and margarine.
2. Spread in a thin layer on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20 min. Cool, then crumble.
3. Press 1/2 of crumb mixture into a 9x13 pan.
4. Add 1/2 of caramel topping, spread evenly (super hard to do, I just try to drizzle evenly).
5. Carefully spoon on the ice cream, spread evenly (once again, not easy to do without disturbing the crumbs. So I open up the ice cream box, slice the ice cream into 4-6 slices and place them on the caramel. Then I spread to fill in the cracks.)
6. Layer on 2nd half of caramel topping and the next 1/2 of the crumb mixture. Freeze immediately.
7. Cut into squares for serving.