I made brownies from scratch before and it was not worth the effort. These however ARE!~ I made them in less than an hour, so it may take about 15 minutes longer to make these then those good ones from the box!
Let’s Cook: A book for kids who love to cook
6oz dark chocolate broken into pieces (I uses 1/2 bag bittersweet choc chips)
1 1/2 stick butter
1 1/4 cup sugar (I used white but the recipe says golden superfine sugar..is that supposed to be brown?)
pinch of salt
3 large eggs
1 scant cup all-purpose flour
2tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the cake pan, 8” square, and line it with nonstick baking parchment.
2. Place the chocolate and butter in a bowl. Melt over a pan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove pan from the heat. Cool Slightly.
3. Add the sugar and sale to the melted chocolate. Beat the eggs in a bowl and add them gradually to the mixture.
4. Sift the flour into the mixture and beat until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Scrape the mixture into the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is pale brown and the middle is soft. Remove from the pan.
6. Allow the brownies to cool in the pan before cutting into pieces. Remove from the pan and serve with ice cream to make a delicious dessert.