Monday, December 3, 2007

Sausage Tortellini Soup

This is because I keep losing my copy and my mom keeps asking for it... so yummy, especially in the winter.

1 lb. mild Italian sausage
1 C chopped onion
2 cloves garlic
5 C beef broth (bouillon)
1 C water
2 C chopped tomatoes (28 oz. can)
1 C sliced carrots
1 1/2 C zucchini (Sliced)
1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
2 C tortellini (8oz)
3 tsp parsley
Remove skin from sausage and cook until brown. Remove sausage from pan and leave drippings. Blend all ingredients except tortellini, zucchini and sausage. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add reserved ingredients and cook for 30 more minutes.

2 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

This is it! The soup from New Years Eve!
Since I'm the only comment, I'll say it - this soup is AMAZING, and my baby ate all my sausage from my THREE BOWLS. So...yeah, I hear the sausage is good, too. ;-)

April J. said...

This soup is fabulous! It is becoming my "bring someone a meal" favorite!