Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Homemade Oreo Cookies (Revised-not replacing)

I just realized that this has already been posted. Even though both recipes are a little different they have the same theme and I am sure that both are very good. I am just trying to clean out my file box and posting as many recipes as I can so I don't have to save a million papers.
Cookies

2 pkgs. chocolate cake mix
4 eggs
2/3 c. canola oil

Mix the ingredients and roll into balls. I had to finish mixing with my hands as it was a little stiff. Cook 7-10 minutes at 350*. Cool.

Frosting

1 (8oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cube butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
5 c. powdered sugar
1 (8oz.) container of cool whip...save the empty carton.


Mix all ingredients together with a mixer. Frost middle of two cookies and put together. Enjoy!


There will be extra frosting so store it in the empty cool whip container in the freezer for more oreos at a later date.


Makes approximately 24 oreos.

No comments: