Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Edible Play-Doh

1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
2/3 cup nonfat dry milk

Mix all the ingredients. You will probably need to use more powdered milk to make the dough not super sticky and dry enough to handle. Sophie liked using the cookie cutters on it, and I love that I can let her play without saying, "yuck, don't eat that" every other second.

As a warning, the instant it goes in the fridge it gets brittle, a little hard and difficult to work with. The girl I got this from says that after they are done she rolls it into a snake and puts it in the fridge. After they are firm she cuts them into little "cookies" and they eat their snacks. Sophie didn't care about that, she just liked eating any old piece.

2 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

You know what's really funny? I've been making that stuff forEVER, using corn syrup instead of honey, and a mix of powdered sugar and powdered milk to thicken it...then I roll it into balls and dip them in chocolate and call it PB Balls!

And..umm...can I get an EWWW? Playing with a little bit and then eating it is one thing, but the idea of letting Teah play with a ball of this stuff and then SAVING it for later kind of grosses me out. I know where her hands have BEEN...and where they will probably go WHILE she's playing with the stuff. :-p

Hayley said...

How fun I never thought of using this recipe as playdough. I also have made it before and this is a fun idea. Especially for those who are notorious for eating anything that they can see and grab.