Saturday, February 28, 2009

Fondue Recipe

I don't know the official name, but as it took my mother-in-law and I a while to find this in our time of need, it is going on the website so I will be able to locate it next time. Also, as a note, it says to cube all the cheese, but I shredded mine instead, it melted fabulously...

6 Tbs Butter
3 Tbs Flour
1/4 c Kirschwasser
1 c Whole Milk
3 oz Emmenthaler or any other type Swiss Cheese, cubed
3 oz Gruyere Cheese, cubed
3 oz Raclette Cheese, cubed
3 oz creamy Blue Cheese or Fontina, cubed (I used Fontina, it is more mild than the Blue)

Melt the butter in a heavy, large saucepan over medium low heat. Whisk in the flour. Constantly whisk for 1 minute or until the mixture is creamy and bubbling. Slowly whisk in the Kirshwasser. Whisk in the milk. Bring the sauce to a gentle simmer.

Slowly add all the cheese, stirring until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth (you may have to add more milk if it gets too thick).

Transfer to the fondue pot.

Now it says to serve with crusty french bread, torn into pieces and different veggies. My new theory, thanks to Tara, is serve with roasted red potatoes, brocolli, cauliflower and green beans... seriously to die for.

No comments: