Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Taco Mac n Cheese Casserole

This recipe was passed from person to person, but it came from my step-mom. I am not sure it has a name so I made up another one.

2 boxes Kraft Deluxe Mac and Cheese prepared as directed on package
1 pound ground beef (I am sure Turkey can be substituted)
1 package taco meat seasoning or 1/4 cup if you buy from Costco.
1 cup sour cream
salsa
Cheese
crumbled tortilla chips

Brown meat, drain and prepare taco meat according to package directions.

Preheat oven to 350

Combine prepared mac and cheese with sour cream. Layer half the mac and cheese mixture, followed by all of the taco meat mixture. Top with remaining mac and cheese. Bake for 20 minutes. Top with a layer of salsa, then crushed up tortilla chips, topped with shredded cheese. The last three ingredients I didn't have measurements so I put enough salsa to cover, and then did the same with the chips and cheese.

No comments: