from Simply One Dish by Pillsbury (they suggest brand names but I am omitting that)
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 T vegetable or olive oil
1/2 c water
1lb boneless skinless chicken breast pieces cut into strips or bite size pieces
3c shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/3 c fresh cilantro
1/2 t salt
1 container ricotta cheese
1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
1 jar (16 oz) thick n' chunky salsa
1 package flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6" 12 count)
(I doubled it but replaced second container of riccotta with cream cheese)
1. Heat over to 350. In resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix taco seasoning mix, oil and 1/4 cup of the water. Add chicken pieces; turn to mix. Refrigerate at least 5 minutes, but no longer than 12 hours.
2. In medium bowl mix 2 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, the cilantro, salt, ricotta cheese, chiles and egg.
3. Heat 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken with marinade; cook and stir 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
4. In ungreased 13x9-inch pan (3-quart) glass baking dish, mix 1/2 cup of the salsa and remaining 1/4 cup water. Spread evenly in bottom of baking dish. Spoon 1/3 cup cheese mixture down center of each tortilla. Top with chicken; roll up. Place filled tortillas, seam side down, over salsa mixture in baking dish. Drizzle enchiladas with remaining salsa. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Optional: Serve with sour cream, guacamole and additional cilantro.