8-10 servings 55 min 10 min prep
1 lb bacon or 2 cups diced cooked ham
¾ cup milk
1 (32 ounce) package hash browns, thawed
2/3 cup green onions, chopped
3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (divided)
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder (any other spices you like, onion powder, dill or even steak seasoning, etc..)
1. If using bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces and cook until crisp. Drain and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a large casserole dish.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and milk and seasonings. Stir in the bacon (or ham), hash browns, green onions, and 1.5 cups of the shredded Cheddar cheese. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until egg is set.
5. Sprinkle the remaining Cheddar cheese on top, and then broil for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
6. Remove from oven, and let sit 5 minutes before serving.