Monday, January 14, 2008

Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe that I have found. It does make a lot but freezes well and is great if you just want to eat the dough with a glass of milk.

1 pound butter (or margarine, I use Imperial)
1 1/2 c. White sugar
2 c. brown sugar

Cream for 10 minutes. It is important that you cream these 3 ingredients for at least 10 minutes. (I usually use my kitchen aid and do a load of laundry after I get this part going)

3 eggs

Cream for another 2 minutes

2 Tbsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
6 c. flour
3-6 c. chocolate chip cookies(depending on how chocolaty you like your cookies)
2 c. chopped nuts(optional)

Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Use and ice cream scooper to drop on an UN- greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350*F for 12-15 minutes. Let sit on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes to cool. Then remove to cooling rack. Enjoy with a big glass of milk!

No comments: