Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"Deceptively Delicious" Pancakes

I received Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook for Christmas and am loving it! I've made these pancakes a couple times now and have added something different each time. These recipes are not only good for the kids, but "husband healthy" as well!

1 c water
1/2 c sweet potato puree (now I've used pumpkin and carrots because thats what I have)
1/4 t cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice (optional)
1/4 t nutmeg (this is my add in, so it is optional)
1 c pancake mix
1 Tbs canola or vegetable oil

1. In large bowl, mix water, puree, and or spice if using. Add the pancake mix and stir just to combine-the batter should be lumpy.
2. When the pan is hot, add oil, and spoon the batter onto the griddle or pan using 1/4 c batter for each pancake.
3. Cook 2-3 min each side.

If your child has a hard time eating his/her vegetables or you want to add a little more nourishment to your meals, there are more recipes I can share or I can let you borrow the book. Just let me know.