Thursday, March 6, 2008

Oven Pancakes

That is what Jeff and his family call them, apparently in Tara's house these are called German Pancakes. Either way, super great, full of butter and fabulously easy.

1 cup milk
2/3 cup flour
2 Tbs sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs

Put 1/4 cup butter in 9 inch pie pan. Place in preheated oven at 400 degrees until melted. Pour in batter (aka above items mixed together) and bake for 35 minutes until fluffy and golden Serve with lemon juice and powdered sugar, syrup or jam.

My mother in law doubles the recipe and puts it in a 9 by 13 pan. Also, it didn't take 35 minutes, it only took me about 18-20 minutes.

1 comment:

e said...

Tammy! Oh my goodness! How are you? I think we call these "Dutch Babies." I've always thought that was kind of weird. I didn't get your email, but would love to talk to you.