Monday, October 8, 2007

Brown Sugar Meatloaf

1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
1/2 Cup ketchup
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
3/4 Cup milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
3/4 Cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of ketchup.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices run clear.

I made this the other night for the first time and it was so good! I modified it a little. I only added 1/2 cup of milk and used 1/2 cup of bread crumbs instead of the saltine crackers. Yummy!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Yummy!!! I will make this one from now on. It was fabulous. Even Matt liked it and he hates meatloaf. Very sweet sauce.

Janelle said...

Hi guys, April referred me over for recipes I can swap for my meal swap group. I'm going to make this meatloaf this time and the king ranch casserole next time. Thank you! I'll also post the recipe on my blog with a link to you guys if that is ok with you.
-Janelle