Thursday, October 4, 2007

Potato Casserole

Hayley wanted the recipe so I thought I would post it here. I can't quite remember what I did so here's hoping it comes out right.

Ingredients
15-20 Small red potatoes, quartered
4-5 New potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup green onions, reserve some for the top
1 1/2 cup cheese shredded (i use the mexican cheese blend)
1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled, reserve 1/4 cup for top

Parboil the potatoes, season if preferred, with garlic salt. Put in a 9x13 casserole dish.

Combine Soup, milk, sour cream, green onions, bacon, and 1 cup of cheese. Pour mixture over potatoes. Cook for 25 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and cook for additional 5 minutes. Take out of the oven and sprinkle with remaining bacon and green onions.

I would call this a more fattening version of Funeral...or is it Party Potatoes!

No comments: