- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons garlic-and-herd spreadable cheese
- 4 oz thinly sliced cooked deli ham
- 1 jar (7oz) roasted red bell peppers, drained on paper towels
- 6 oz thinly sliced cooked deli chicken
- 4 slices thinl sliced provolone cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated cheese
- sliced ripe olives, if desired
1. Heat oven to 400F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Unroll dough onto cookie sheet; stretch and very lightly press 1 short side of rectangle to about 11 inches wide. Stretch to length of 14 inches. Form shape that is nearly triangular, pressing in sides so small end measures 6 inches across.
2. Spread garlic-and-herbs cheese in three-inch-wide strip lengthwise down the center of triangle to within 1/2 inch of each end.
3. From the wide end, mark three inches down from the center on both sides of the cheese strip. At that point, layer 2/3 of ham, peppers, chicken and provolone cheese on garlic-and-herbs cheese to 6-inch end. Starting at corners of wide end using scissors or sharp knife (I used a pizza cutter), make cuts at an angle 1 inch apart down long sides of dough to within 1/2 inch of filling. To form head at wide end, place remaining 1/3 of filling ingredients, ending with bell pepper, in circular pile over cheese spread, leaving 1/2 inch space from body filling. Fold and shape 3-inch section of dough over filling to make rounded head, leaving opening for eyes exposing bell peper. Starting at mummy's neck, alternately cross remaining strips over filling; folding bottom 1/2 inch up before crossing last two strips.
4. In small bowl, beat egg. Brushover dough. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Place olives between "bandages" for mummy's eyes. Cut into slices.
Tip Hard salami or pepperoni can be substituted for the ham and chicken slices, if you like.
*I ommited the bell peppers when I made it.