Monday, September 17, 2007

Chicken Poppy Casserole

2 lbs. chicken breast, cooked
8 oz. sour cream
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 rolls of crushed Ritz crackers
2 tbs. poppy seeds
1 stick of butter
6 servings of rice cooked

Cook the rice and spread on the bottom of 9 x 13 pan. Spread shredded or cubed cooked chicken over rice. Mix sour cream and cream of chicken and spread on top of chicken and rice. Spread Ritz crackers, then butter, then poppy seeds on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. Mmmm..... tasty!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I love this recipe, my favorite in college... just as good without poppy seeds, if you don't have them on hand.

April J. said...

I think this will be on next weeks grocery list!

Hayley said...

YUM, Yum, yum!!! This was fabulous and a hit with all of the boys. I didn't have chicken soup so I did cream of celery and added some sliced celery in for a sneaky veggie. It worked great!